Find a library book
- Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) – You can search for library books on any device with an Internet connection, wherever you are. AACPS’ library catalog system doesn’t support online hold requests yet, but we’ve created our own here.
- MackinVIA – Your portal to our ebook, audiobook, and database collections. You can download ebooks or audiobooks to read or listen to later, and access our online databases without any extra logins. For more information, head over to the MackinVIA page.
- login: your student ID (sometimes known as your lunch number)
- password: the last 4 digits of that number.
- login: your employee ID (the last 6 digits)
- password: the last 4 digits of that number
Is the book you want already checked out? Submit a hold request!
We love, love, LOVE book recommendations. Is there a book (or magazine or game…) you want to see in our library that isn’t there? Please let us know! Some titles might not be approved for middle school, but we do our best to buy the books you want to read. Make a recommendation here.
Not sure what to read next?
Please keep in mind – these are great resources for finding something new to read, but not all the books they list have been evaluated by AACPS librarians. From here on down, you’re making your own decisions about what to read. Not sure if a book is right for you? Ask a trustworthy adult!
Websites to Check Out
Book Lists, Award Winners, and More
- Michael L. Printz Award
- Pura Belpre Award
- Newbery Medal
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards
- Amazing Audiobooks
- We Need Diverse Books: Where to Find Diverse Books
Book Blogs & Websites
Don’t forget the public library!
Our local public libraries have great resources. You can visit in person or head over to www.aacpl.net for homework help, online databases, ebooks, and much more! They also have awesome programs, clubs, competitions, and activities.