Remember to cite your sources as you go using EasyBib. An expert tip is to keep EasyBib open in a new tab (if you click the link, it will do this automatically). That way, when you find a good article, you can immediately add it to your bibliography.
- Your EasyBib login is your Student ID @ams.com, and your password should be dragons.
- If that doesn’t work, Ms. Buck can look it up.
- You can also use the Edmodo group to contact Ms. Buck with questions.
- SIRS Issues Researcher – Reading Level – Medium-Advanced – This database provides evidence organized around opposing arguments. Look for graphics and statistics under each topic overview.
- SIRS Discoverer – Reading Level – Medium – This database provides articles organized around opposing views on different topics.
Searching the web
Remember to evaluate the websites you use based on who created them, when, and why!
You can get to all our online databases from home using MackinVIA. You only have to log in once, so it’s much easier to use them at home than it has been in the past. Here’s how:
- Go to www.mackinvia.com or download the MackinVIA app.
- Type (or copy & paste) Annapolis Middle School. You should see a menu with our school’s name and address. Click to choose Annapolis Middle School.
- Log in using your:
- ID: Student ID
- PW: the last 4 digits of your Student ID
- Click on “Databases” on the left.
- For help using MackinVIA, go here.