- Use EasyBib to keep track of information sources like books or websites.
- Log in before you start searching. Keep EasyBib open in a separate tab so you can easily record sources as you go.
- Need help? Try EasyBib’s video tutorials. For citing sources, go here. For more information, go here (the second one is blocked in school, though – we are working on it!).
- Gale World History in Context – Good for just about everyone, as long as they are not from the US. Encyclopedia articles, book excerpts, news, magazine, and journal articles, as well as pictures.
- Gale US History in Context – Good for just about everyone, if they are from or live in the US. Encyclopedia articles, book excerpts, news, magazine, and journal articles, as well as pictures.
- SIRS Discoverer – News articles & encyclopedia articles. This is a good database for current events, so it’s a good place to start if you are looking for a recent or current celebrity. Also has information on historical figures.
- ABC-CLIO World History: The Modern Era – Good for historical figures, like generals, presidents, etc. Some coverage of celebrities and athletes.
- ABC-CLIO American History – Good for Hispanic American political figures and some celebrities and athletes.
- Britannica School – Some information about just about everyone. You may need to use the high school search, or search under middle school and then click on the “Level 3” tab. There are more results in the higher-level versions.
- World Book Online – You can choose from several levels, but as with Britannica School, the more advanced levels have more results. Encyclopedia articles with web links & images.
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage: Biographies from Scholastic
- FactMonster: Hispanic biographies by category
Pictures you find online are protected by copyright. Try our online database of rights-cleared images (that means it is legal for us to use them!).
You can get to all our online databases from home using MackinVIA. You only have to log in once, so it’s much easier to use them at home than it has been in the past. Here’s how:
- Go to www.mackinvia.com or download the MackinVIA app.
- Type (or copy & paste) Annapolis Middle School. You should see a menu with our school’s name and address. Click to choose Annapolis Middle School.
- Log in using your:
- ID: Student ID
- PW: the last 4 digits of your Student ID
- Click on “Databases” on the left.
- For help using MackinVIA, go here.
Need more help?
You can contact Ms. Buck through the 7th grade library Edmodo group. If you were a member last year, it’s the same group as last year! If not, follow the links below to request membership. I will check at least once a day.