What is a database and why should I care?
- Mining Information – This site lists information about rocks and minerals in an easy to understand format.
- Science Kids – Find information about the three main types of rock.
- Athro Limited – Rock types – Find information about specific kinds of rocks and how they form.
- Mining Rocks, Minerals, and Gems – Learn about how some rocks, minerals, and gems are mined and where they are found, as well as some of their characteristics
- Kidipede – Rocks page – This site has information split up by the main rock types. Some specific kinds of rock are covered in detail.
- Geology.com – Rocks – Find information about specific kinds of rock and their formation, characteristics, uses, mining, and more.
- Minerals.net – Great for students researching a mineral or gemstone, but nothing about other types of rock.
- Use EasyBib to keep track of information sources like books or websites.
- You should have paper directions for logging in or registering for EasyBib. When you are logged in, you will see the AMS dragon on the EasyBib website.
- Log in before you start searching. Keep EasyBib open in a separate tab so you can easily record sources as you go.
- Need help? Try EasyBib’s video tutorials. For citing sources, go here. For more information, gohere.
You can get to all our online databases from home using MackinVIA. You only have to log in once, so it’s much easier to use them at home than it has been in the past. Here’s how:
- Go to www.mackinvia.com or download the MackinVIA app.
- Type (or copy & paste) Annapolis Middle School. You should see a menu with our school’s name and address. Click to choose Annapolis Middle School.
- Log in using your:
- ID: Student ID
- PW: the last 4 digits of your Student ID
- For help using MackinVIA, go here.
Need more help?
You can contact Ms. Buck through the library Edmodo group for your grade. I check it at least once a day, including weekends and vacation.