- Use EasyBib to keep track of information sources like books or websites.
- You should have paper directions for logging in or registering for EasyBib. When you are logged in, you will see the AMS dragon on the EasyBib website.
- Log in before you start searching. Keep EasyBib open in a separate tab so you can easily record sources as you go.
- Need help? Try EasyBib’s video tutorials. For citing sources, go here. For more information, go here.
You can get to all our online databases from home using MackinVIA. You only have to log in once, so it’s much easier to use them at home than it has been in the past. Here’s how:
- Go to www.mackinvia.com or download the MackinVIA app.
- Type (or copy & paste) Annapolis Middle School. You should see a menu with our school’s name and address. Click to choose Annapolis Middle School.
- Log in using your:
- ID: Student ID
- PW: the last 4 digits of your Student ID
- For help using MackinVIA, go here.
Need more help?
You can contact Ms. Buck through the library Edmodo group for your grade. If you were a member last year, it’s the same group as last year! If not, follow the links below to request membership. I will check at least once a day!
School Bus Overcrowding
- School bus regulations – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services – School Bus Specs & Standards
- Maryland State Department of Education – Transportation
- Traffic Safety Facts: School Transportation Related Crashes
- School bus safety
- Safe transportation for school age children
- AACPS School Start Times – Transportation
- Top 10 school bus companies
- SIRS Discoverer – Search here for recent news about school buses and safety from newspapers, magazines, and the internet
- SIRS Researcher – Cyberbullying
- SIRS Discoverer – Cyberbullying
- Stopbullying.gov – cyberbullying
- Pew Research Center: Cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying research center
- KidsHealth – Cyberbullying
- National Bullying Prevention Center
- Megan Meier Foundation
- Cyberbullying laws by state
- AACPS Student handbook
- SIRS Researcher – Homework
- SIRS Discoverer – Homework
- Brown Center Report on American Education
- Center for Public Education: What the research says about homework
- When is homework worth the time?
- How much homework do American kids do?
- Rethinking Homework by Alfie Kohn’
- US Department of Education: Helping your kids with homework
- Why homework should be balanced
- Stanford research shows the pitfalls of homework
- Homework or no homework?
School Start Times
- AACPS Task Force on School Start & Dismissal Times
- Maryland House of Delegates House Bill 883
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Schools start too early
- National Sleep Foundation: Later school start times
- Start School Later
- Later high school start times a challenge for districts
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Statement on school start times for adolescents
- Early school start times hurt students, hinder performance
- Realities of later high school start times a wake-up call for districts
- Seattle board approves later school start times in ‘historic’ vote
- Despite proven benefits, starting school later remains a tough sell
- Sleepy teens: High school should start later in the morning
- SIRS Discoverer – Search here for recent news about school start times from newspapers, magazines, and the internet